Quick Start Guide
What is SWAP?
UW SWAP is a department within the University of Wisconsin-Madison that receives and sells surplus state property from UW-Madison, UW System campuses and state agencies around Wisconsin.
Can I inspect the items up for bid?
Yes. Not only can you inspect the items up for bid, we strongly encourage it. All items being sold from SWAP can be inspected at 1061 Thousand Oaks Trail, Verona WI. Items can be viewed any time Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm and every 2nd Saturday from 8:00am-2:00pm.
Do you provide any guarantees with the auction items?
No. All items sold through the SWAP Online Auction or the SWAP sales floor are sold AS-IS. There are NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES AND NO WARRANTY either implied or given.
Do you ship?
Yes. Shipping is available in most cases and we can provide packaging and/or palletizing services. Contact the SWAP Customer Service line for more information. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the BUYER but there are no additional Handling charges.
Now Let's Get Started!
1. Click on the "Register" link at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Enter a Username, your desired Password, and your Contact Information.
3. Click on the "I Agree to the Terms & Conditions" link.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USING OUR SITE.
4. Click on the box to agree to the Terms & Conditions.
5. Click on the box next to "Receive Newsletter" if you'd like to receive information about upcoming SWAP sales and auctions.
6. Press "Complete Registration".
7. You will receive an e-mail shortly with your verification code. Enter your Username and the verification code into the boxes provided.
8. You're done! Welcome to the World of SWAP. Happy Bidding!